BMW Riders of Southern Maine December 2013 Meeting Minutes
With 30 members in attendance, President Tom Gerken brought the meeting to order for December 7, 2013.
- January’s meeting will be held at the Fair Grounds Café, Topsham Fair Mall, Topsham
- Special Thanks to the Webmaster (Shawn) for posting the ride and club activity surveys and making the accessible on the web site.
- Ride Survey results are below thanks to the Ride Boss & the Webmaster (Steve & Shawn)
- Club Activity Survey results were not yet compiled, however, Tom will try to send out results before the next meeting.
- 2 officer positions remain vacant; treasurer and an At large board member.
- The Annual BMWRSM holiday gathering will be in January 26, 2014 at Keeley’s on Warren Ave in Portland.
- 2014 International MOA Rally – July 24-27, 2014 – St. Paul, Minnesota
- The 42nd International BMW RA Rally – May 29th – 31st – Barber Motorsports and Museum, Birmingham, Alabama.
- Minutes from November’s meeting are on the web site, copies were distributed. No action taken
- The treasurer’s report was voted upon and approved by the membership; (numbers not published on public report)
- It is renewal time, as of the meeting 20 members had renewed for 2014.
- Ride surveys were compiled and presented
- Steve thanked the membership for their responses (between 45-50 responses).
- Compiled results are on the website
- Rolling rally – is a 1-2-or 3 day event where several locations are visited, includes over nights and participants can join in at anytime.
- Prices will remain the same as last year.
- As a result of the 8% sales tax on campsites have gone from $35.00 to $37.80 per site.
- Registration will remain at $50.00
- Members who do not camp but come for meals will be $25.00
- Ads are going out to the motorcycle magazines.
- Holiday Party
- Presented and voted by the membership to be held at Keeley’s
- Buffet price $24.00 per person
- A minimum of 50 people to avoid a room charge
- An email will be sent with the menu offerings and an RSVP
- Elections – By laws allow for elections to be held in January
- Don Kent has volunteered to fill the position as vice president.
- Contact or see Tom Gerken if interested in the following open positions;
- At Large Board Member
- Officers to be voted on at January’s meeting
- President – Tom Gerkin
- Vice President – Don Kent
- Secretary – Sanford Peabody
- Treasurer –
- Membership – Bob Griffin
- Rally Master – Dave Esklund
- Ride Boss – Steve Garrett
- Safety Officer – Steve Garrett
- Shawn Blair – Webmaster
- At Large – Jim Salisbury
- At Large –
Motion to Adjourn
- A motion to adjourn was and seconded.
Until Next Time, Respectfully submitted