BMWRSM Meeting minutes
December 1, 2012
With 33 members in attendance Jim Salisbury brought the meeting to order for the December 1, 2012.
- BMWRSM was honored to have two visitors from Vermont attend today’s meeting.
- The intrepid team of 7 URAL riders (including the Soviet Steeds), one K with side car and 2 GS 1200’s made the trek over the increasingly snow covered roads to Portland to drop off our donation of coats and toys to Coats for Kids at Pratt Abbott. The group was featured (smiling or was that with teeth chattering) during the live noon time broadcast.
- The new club decals are available. Family members will receive 4; single members 2; additional decals are available for $3.00 each.
- Bob Griffin is home recovering from recent surgery and is doing fine.
- This year’s Holiday party will be held Sunday January 27, location still to be determined. Last year’s venue and caterer have parted ways. Jim will be investigating what options are available and will notify members via email.
- Jim still has copies of this year’s edition of The Maine Motorcycle Road Map, they make great stocking stuffers.
- The meeting minutes are now available on the web site. Thanks to the webmaster!
- Rally and Club accounts were reported
BMWRSM Rally Report
- Dave Eskelund reports the rally will be at Hermit Island, camping and food price will remain the same, but the cost for the use of the shed (?) is up to $800.00.
- Tom Gerken has volunteered to be the Door prize chair and Dave has also been contacted by two members who will help with registration.
- Lauren Stewart from the Maine Department of Transportation had to cancel last minute. Speculation is the recent budget shortfall was the reason. Jim will try to re-schedule for later this winter or early spring.
- Granite State BMW Riders Club has decided not to host the National BMW Riders Association Rally due to lack of participation by their club members.
Jim is convinced everyone has their phone set to voice mail when he calls because he is still looking for nominees/volunteers to fill the following positions for next year;
- Vice President
- Road boss
- Safety officer
Please give serious consideration; there are 12 meetings a year, lots of help and where else can you have so much fun?
Todays 50/50 was won by Millie, (Paul hopes she takes him to lunch…)
Motion to Adjourn
- A motion to adjourn was made by Jim Rice
Submitted by Sandy Peabody