With 30 members in attendance, Jim Salisbury (proxy for Tom) brought the meeting to order for May 4, 2013.
Recap of Tom’s email to members:
- MOA mileage contest reminder – form must be signed off by; a dealer, club president, notary or two MOA members and post marked no later than May 13, 2013
- Be sure to vote for your MOA Board of Director’s.
- The Downeast rally is just around the corner
- Beemer’s & Bratwurst; May 16 RSVP by May 10 to Tom Gerkin.
- Minutes for April had not been posted on the web site. The membership could not make corrections or vote to accept the minutes.
- Secretary will check with Shawn to get the minutes posted.
- Account balances were announced and approved by the membership.
BMWRSM Membership Report
- Current membership is at 81 paid members. Bob expects more to sign up at the rally.
- Members can still sign up online using PayPal.
- As of April 30, 171 had registered for the rally.
- Of the 151 campers, 62 are members.
- Volunteers are still needed, see Dave or email him to help out.
- Monthly Club Meeting locations;
- June 1 – Cole Farms, Gray
- July 6 – Pepper Mill, Limerick
- August 3 – Joseph’s, Old Orchard Beach
- September 7 – Cole Farms, Gray
- May 4 is the day of a state wide effort to raise donations for the local food banks. After receiving approval from the board of director’s for BMWRSM, Tom brought forward a motion for the membership to consider donating $100.00 to the Good Shepard Food Bank. A motion was made by Jim Nice, seconded by Brian Norton and unanimously approved by the membership.
- Don’t forget the “Best of Rally Flea Market”
- For those members who are available:
- The Thursday morning slice and dice – Contact Jim Salisbury for details
- The pick-up of the donated water from Poland Spring
- Jim passed out business size cards that can be placed inside a rider’s helmet for identification purposes in case of an accident.
- Wildlife management alert; moose, deer and turkeys are now dining at the road side for their yearly nutritional salt intake.
- Road Gators (blown truck tire recaps) are a rude site, one member noted in addition to the tire he came across the fender of the truck was also in left in the road.
- 1200 RT for sale – See Kennie Wing, Eustis
- 650 Suzuki Burgman – See Paul Emerson
Motion to Adjourn
- A motion to adjourn was made by Jim Nice, seconded by Paul Kennedy.
Until Next Time, Respectfully submitted