BMW Riders of Southern Maine July 2014 Meeting Minutes
With 24 members in attendance, President Tom Gerken brought the meeting to order for July 12, 2014.
Mark your calendars…
- July 18, 19 & 29 2014 – Speed Time Trials at the former Loring Air Force base Limestone, ME.
- July 19, 2014 – Bob Baer’s antique car collection open for viewing Paris Hill, $10.00 admission to go to local library. This is a once a year event.
- July 24-27, 2014 – 15th annual Northeast European Motorcycle Rally FMI; http://sites.google.com/site/nemrally
- July 26 – Dave Percival of Andover, ME will open his collection of BMW’s for viewing;
- See Northeast European Motorcycle Rally web site for details and time.
- July 24-27, 2014 – 2014 International MOA Rally – St. Paul, Minnesota
- August 2, 2014 – BMWRSM monthly meeting Egg & I, 183 Route 1 Scarborough, ME
- Please note; there will be no; agenda, business or discussions of world domination discussed at this meeting. No pressure here…
- August 29 – September 1, 2014 – Finger lakes Rally – Watkins Glenn New York Rumor has it this may be the last due to decreasing attendance.
- August 30-31, 2014 – Owl’s Head Transportation Museum Bike Weekend.
- September 2, 2014 – BMWRSM monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café, Topsham, ME
- Millie is home from the hospital; however Paul requests emails, no phone calls please.
- MOA Rally – Tom G. along with several other members will be there rather than here for the August meeting. He will be attending leadership workshops to bring back ideas for the club.
- There will be no ride to Helen’s in Machias this summer.
- Seat time:
- July 18, 2014 – Departure date for intrepid group going to the Speed time trials at the former Loring AFB, Limestone, ME.
- July 27, 2014 – Ride to see Dave Percival’s BMW collection in Andover, ME. Check web site for departure time and location.
- Minutes from June’s meeting are on the web site and copies were provided for review prior to the meeting. Motioned and seconded with a vote of approval from the membership.
- Irene reported the club financial status; whereupon, a motion was made and seconded by and approved by the membership;
- Club information cards have been distributed to Whitehorse, Reynolds, Max’s and Woody’s
- Augusts’ meeting will be held at the Egg & I in Scarborough. It will be a social gathering.
Motion to Adjourn
- A motion to adjourn was made and seconded.
Until Next Time,
Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody