With 29 members in attendance, President Tom Gerken brought the meeting to order for June 7, 2014.
Mark your calendars…
****July 12, 2014 BMWRSM monthly meeting at Pepper Mill in Limerick, ME****
July 18, 19 & 29 2014 – Speed Time Trials at the former Loring Air Force base Limestone, ME.
July 24-27, 2014 – 15th annual Northeast European Motorcycle Rally FMI; http://sites.google.com/site/nemrally
Dave Percival of Andover, ME will open his collection of BMW’s for viewing;
See Northeast European Motorcycle Rally web site for details and time.
July 24-27, 2014 – 2014 International MOA Rally – St. Paul, Minnesota
August 2, 2014 – BMWRSM monthly meeting TBD
August 30-31, 2014 – Owl’s Head Transportation Museum Bike Weekend
- Paul reports Millie is in the hospital
- Tedford Shelter sent the following on May 19, 2014
“Thanks for the great food donation that you dropped off after your outing yesterday. It is very appreciated.”
-Norma, shelter attendant.
- The oldest rider award to the rally was awarded to our own Bill Parker.
- $500.00 was donated to the Phippsburg Fire department.
- MOA Rally – from a show of hands, BMWRSM will be well represented.
- June 21, 2014 – 10 AM to 3 PM -Antique Motorcycle Ride leaving from 1227 Prescott Road Manchester, ME
- June 28, 2014 – 11 AM to 3 PM – Car show & Picnic, Veteran’s fund raiser, Togus Medical Center, Chelsea, ME
- July 17, 2014 – Departure date for intrepid group riding to Speed time trials.
- Minutes from May’s meeting are on the web site and copies were provided for review prior to the meeting. Motioned and seconded with a vote of approval from the membership.
- Irene was off on the Fly, the Black Fly Rally that is, she sent the following via email (financial details removed); whereupon, a motion was made by Jim, seconded by Bill, and voted upon and approved by the membership;
- Also of note; all state and federal forms relating to the club have been filed with those agencies.
Rally Equipment Storage – Because the club paid 1 year in advance, the monthly storage fee is @20.00 per month. The storage facility is located in Scarborough
- Membership stands at 85. Two new members signed up during the rally and Chris Bender from Ogunquit attended and rejoined today’s meeting.
Rally Master/Rally related information
- The Good
- A “Shout out” to Dave E. for his time, effort and patience to organize, coordinate and keep this band of volunteers on task before and during the rally! Great Job, Dave!
- “Shout out” #2 Dave Thanked; Shannon, Patrick and all those volunteers who worked so hard to make the rally so successful for all.
- Dave reported there was a better turnout this year; 197 registered, 163 attended, 40 did not
- The club made $2000.00 this year, up a little from last.
- 62 shirts were sold, wicking shirts made a profit of $99.00, a result for placing a large order.
- The Not so Good
- A crate of lobsters was misplaced by the vendor creating a problem with the Saturday evening meal
- Club had to pay tax on campsites this year; rates next year will need to reflect the additional cost.
- The unfortunate
- A rider from Canada rear ended a friend resulting in an accident which required hospitalization. It was suggested, if he should register for next year’s rally, his registration be free
- Wright Museum Ride – will be re-scheduled. Tom Folan will set up the ride to include a private tour for members. Stay tuned and look for an announcement on the web site.
- July’s meeting will be held July 12 (due to the 4th of July) at the Peppercorn Restaurant in Limerick
- Augusts’ meeting suggestion, the Egg & I in Scarborough
- It was suggested the club sponsor a weekend campout during the middle/end of summer. Planning would have to take place a year in advance. Camp grounds with open fields may provide the best regarding availability.
Motion to Adjourn
A motion to adjourn was made and seconded.
Until Next Time,
Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody