BMW Riders of Southern Maine December 2015 Meeting Minutes
With 28 members in attendance, President Tom Gerken brought the meeting to order for December 5, 2015.
- January 9, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- January 31, 2016 – Club Holiday Party Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME
- February 6, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- Feb, March 2016 – Mid winter event; date and location TBA
- May 21-22, 2016 – Downeast Rally Hermit Island
- May 28-30, 2016 – Memorial Day weekend, Moving Vietnam Memorial Wall at the Fort Knox Museum, Prospect, ME
- June 18, 2016 – Blood Drive, Street Cycles, Route 1 Falmouth, ME
- July, 2016 – MOA Rally, Hamburg, New York
- July 28-31, 2016 European Motorcycle Meet
- Welcome to Richard Bowden who came from Portsmouth NH to attend todays meeting
- Club Officer elections will be in January. The following positions will need to be filled; President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Rally Master. Bob will remain as membership chair for one more year.
- Don Kent will continue to work on the; blood drive, winter film night.
- The organizers of the European Motorcycle Meet would like RSM to have a presence at next year’s event (it is the same weekend as the MOA).
- BMWMOA has recently moved its offices from Missouri to South Carolina
- No minutes were taken at the November meeting. Tom reported; the support Boy Scout Troop 202 received was greatly appreciated. This was their first attempt at sponsoring a hunter’s breakfast. The troop is looking to doing again next year.
- Financial report was given and accepted. (Financials not reported online)
- Membership stands at 103. As of the meeting there has been 18 renewals.
- Nametags – Bob will bring samples to a future meeting to have the membership vote on which logo to include (RSM or BMW). Additionally, at that time he will have cost figures. The club will purchase the nametags for club members.
- The Moving Vietnam Memorial Wall will be at Fort Knox, Prospect ME Memorial Day weekend, volunteers needed. FMI see Facebook – Wall to Maine 2016
- Weekend before memorial day weekend
- Volunteer sign up sheet is now posted on the RSM website, sign up now! Don’t miss out on the best positions
- Campsite cost will remain the same; $9.00 per night per camper. The kelp shed rental remains at $900.00
- Discussion – whether to offer a hot breakfast (pancakes?) on Sunday before campers leave.
- Coats for kids – dismal response from membership in supporting this cause
- Discussion – To use club funds to purchase additional coats to add to those donated (i.e.; for every 10 coats the club would donate $50.00 to buy more. By-laws state; club funds can only be used for motorcycle related activities.
- Procedural change – the club will promote Coats for Kids at each meeting. Members can bring their donations to the meetings beginning in September through December. A club volunteer will collect coats at each meeting and store until the donation day.
- Holiday party – January 31, at Fair Grounds Café. Tom will have a menu for the membership at the January meeting. An email will be sent to RSVP for the dinner to provide a count for the café
- Elections – The following positions are open and will need to be filled;
- Vice President
- Rally Master
- Mike L. and Fred D. indicated they will remain on the Board of Directors
- Nominations and elections will take place at the January meeting. Please see Tom if you are interested in any of the positions.
- Tom as past President will serve on the board of directors as stated in the by laws. Don volunteered to be Vice President with the understanding he did not want to be the next President
- Discussion – not following by-law for successor to president’s position. It is in the best interest of the club to have turn over in positions. To comply with state law, fillings have to be made to the state as to who the principals are for the club. Do we need to revisit the by-laws?
- A motion was made to table elections to January, notice to be posted on the website.
- Website questions from the membership;
- Why can’t we advertise bikes and gear for sale on the website?
- Can the clubs Facebook page be made public to allow anybody to go to it?
Motion to Adjourn
- A motion to adjourn was made and seconded.
Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody