With 16 members in attendance, President Tom Gerken brought the meeting to order for October 3, 2015.
November 7 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
December 5 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
January 2, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
January 31, 2016 – Club Holiday Party Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME
May 2016 – Downeast Rally –date to be determined.
June 18, 2016 – Blood Drive, Street Cycles, Route 1 Falmouth, ME
July, 2016 – MOA Rally, Hamburg, New York
July 28-31, 2016 European Motorcycle Meet
- Welcome to Pete Smith who rode down from Rangley to attend todays meeting.
- MOA mileage contest ends October 11. See club president or Dwayne at Street Cycles to sign your form.
- Club Officer elections are coming up in December. Volunteers are needed to fill the positions of President, Vice President and Secretary. Bob will remain as membership chair for one more year. Dave will also serve one more year as Rally Chair. At this time, it is assumed the Treasurer is also up for another year.
- Don will still continue to work on the activities; blood drive, winter film night, camping The organizers of the European Motorcycle Meet would like RSM to have a presence at next year’s event (it is the same weekend as the MOA).
- Paul Emerson had a knee replaced last week and is doing well.
- FYI to all air-head riders, Fred retired from Street Cycles September 30 to work on his 21 air heads.
- Minutes from Septembers meeting were distributed. Motion made, seconded and accepted by the membership present.
- No report
- Membership stands at 102.
- No report
- Fall get away – Tom was busy and unable to pull it together for this year however, he will work to make it happen for next year. Not sure if it will be club funded or a ride in.
- Discussion – consider July or August after national rallies. Meals; breakfast, lunch on own, dinner each camper is given an entrée, salad, desert to bring for a pot-luck dinner
- Elections are in December – Tom as past President will serve on the board of directors as stated in the by laws. When Don volunteered to be Vice President he did not want to be the next President and will be stepping down but will continue to organize events (Mid winter movie night, blood drive)
- Discussion – Do the by-laws need to be revisited? The by-laws are written that the vice president moves up to the President’s position. Tom stated one of his goals was to have a Board Meeting to discuss the moving the club’s officers from being elected by the membership to being voted upon by the Board and the Board voted upon by the membership to reflect the MOA model.
- Holiday Party this year is Sunday January 31, 2016. Motion to hold it at Fair Grounds Café made and seconded and approved by members present.
- Blood Drive date Saturday June 18, 2016 will need volunteers (also conflicts with the lake carmine Vermont MOA)
- The mid winter gathering date and place will be determined.
Motion to Adjourn
A motion to adjourn was made and seconded.
Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody