BMW Riders of Southern Maine August 6, 2016 Meeting Minutes
With 24 members in attendance, President Scott Gibson brought the meeting to order for August 6, 2016, at Joseph’s by the Sea Old Orchard Beach, ME.
- August 12-13, 2016 – Camping – two nights (Fri/Sat). Mount Blue State Park. Bring your own food &
gear. Currently 2 sites are reserved (120-121). The club will pay for camping fees and firewood. Please contact Ken at email@example.com if you plan to go.
- August 25-28, 2016 – RA Rally, Monterey, CA
- September 10, 2016 – Monthly meeting, Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- September 21, 2016 – BBQ RSVP DEADLINE – email Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to
- October 1, 2016 – No Breakfast Meeting – In place of Monthly meeting a BBQ for club members. Food and non-alcoholic beverages provided. Arrive after 2:00 PM; food will be served at 4:00. Please Note: BBQ will be held at Ken & Leigh’s, Route 231 North Yarmouth. There is plenty of room for tents and rigs according to Ken should you want to stay over night.
- November 5, 2016 – Monthly meeting, Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- December 3, 2016 – Monthly meeting, Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start Coats for kids
- July 2017 – MOA Rally Salt Lake City UT.
- Welcome to Keegan Simons a new member from Scarborough on a 650 GS.
- Also joining us for todays meeting, Joe Hosmer a founding member of RSM.
- Members start collecting old and new coats or new toys for this year’s Coats for Kids drive. Donations can be brought to any monthly meeting. Check out those yard sales for winter coats. Mike Lydon will collect and the club will store until next December.
- Minutes for June’s meeting were distributed.
- Minutes for Board of Director’s meeting for July 9, meeting were distributed.
- Both motioned/seconded – Approved
Treasurer’s Report – No report
- 92 members as of today.
- A 3 person nominating committee (Ed, Irene, Bob) has been formed (see Board meeting Minutes from July) to recruit and nominate members for positions on the board.
Motion to Adjourn – Motioned/seconded approved
Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody