BMW Riders of Southern Maine December 3, 2016 Meeting Minutes
With 25 members in attendance, President Scott Gibson brought the meeting to order for December 3, 2016 at the Fairgrounds Café in Topsham, ME.
- January 7, 2017 – Monthly meeting; Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- January 29, 2017 – RSM Holiday Party Fair grounds Café; 5:30 Cash bar, 6:00 dinner
- February 4, 2017 – Monthly meeting; Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- March 4, 2017 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- April 1, 2017 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- April/ May – TBD “Frosty Nuts” Weekend camping
- May 6, 2017 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- May 19-21, 2017 RSM Down East Rally, Hermit Island, ME
- June 3, – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- July 6-8 – BMW RA Rally; Petoskey, MI.
- July 8, – Monthly meeting, TBD 8:30 start
- July 13-16; MOA International Rally; Salt Lake City, Utah
- August 5, – Monthly meeting TBD 8:30 start
- 5 Intrepid Motorcycle riders delivered the club donations for Coats for Kids to Pratt-Abbott Forest Ave in Portland. Thank you to Ed, Ken, Tom, Bill, Chris and Mike in the chase vehicle.
- The club owns the following DVD’s and they are available to members to borrow between club meetings; “Why We Ride”, “On any Given Sunday” and “Hitting the Apex”
- No report
- Financials reported as of 12-3-16
- 95 members for 2016. 16 renewals for 2017
- December is elections for Club officers and Board members. The following were nominated;
- President – Fred Burgess
- Vice President – Ted Danforth
- Membership – Leah Mahoney
- Secretary – Sandy Peabody
- Treasurer – Bruce Graham
- Web – Shawn Blair
- Board Member – Scott Gibson
- Board Member – Mike Lydon
- Rally Committee – Ed Perry, Mike Palmer, Nik Rende, Adam Gilpatrick
Motioned to accept/seconded (Tom, Chris) unanimously approved
- Incoming President Fred B. said he would like to add to the events currently offered, fine tune others and looks forward to the coming year.
- Holiday Party will be the same as last year at the Fair Grounds Café. Menu items have yet to be determined. Last year the club spent $1400.00 with 40 to 45 in attendance. The cost for this year will be capped at $2000.00
- Ken G is willing to help out the next Ride Boss and reminds members the club will pay for campsites and campfire wood for club sponsored camping events.
- The membership would like to recognize the following and thank them for their service and commitment to the club;
- Bob Griffin – for chairing the membership committee
- Scott Gibson – former President
- Ken Gaudin – Ride Boss
- Dave Eskelund – Rally Chair for the past 5 years or was it 6?
Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody