BMW Riders of Southern Maine February 6, 2016 Meeting Minutes
With 17 members in attendance, Vice President Fred Burgess brought the meeting to order for January 9, 2016.
- Feb, March 2016 – Mid winter movie night; Romeo’s Pizza 201 Route 1 Scarborough, ME
- March 5, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- March 26, 2016 – Owls Head Transportation Museum – 1:00 Sidecar racing presented by Dave Percival
- March 20, 2016 – Swap meet at Jim Fisk’s, 67 Hanson Lane Hollis, ME
- April 2, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- May 7, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- May 19, 2016 Beemers and Bratwurst at Richards, Brunswick, ME
- May 21-22, 2016 – Downeast Rally Hermit Island
- May 28-30, 2016 – Memorial Day weekend, Moving Vietnam Memorial Wall at the General Knox Museum, Montpelier, Thomaston, ME NOTE Location Change
- June 4, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- June 18, 2016 – Blood Drive, Street Cycles, Route 1 Falmouth, ME
- July 15-17, 2016 – MOA Rally, Hamburg, New York
- July 28-31, 2016 European Motorcycle Meet
- July 2017 – MOA Rally will be in Zone 4 (West Coast)
- Holiday Party was a GREAT success last weekend.
- Bill Parker is home and under the weather
- Members start collecting coats and new toys for next years Coats for Kids drive. Donations can be brought to any monthly meeting. Mike Lydon will collect and the club will store until next December.
- Minutes for January’s meeting were distributed. Motioned, Approved
Treasurer’s Report – No official report
- Club dinner report
- No report
- Possible ideas for rides this season; Campobello Island, NB June. Peaks Kenny State Park, Dover Foxcroft
- Volunteer sign up sheet has been update; see Dave E. to sign up.
- To register for the event forms are now available. Paypal for online registration will not be up until March 1.if you are not planning on camping.
- MOA will have it in the next issue
- Nametags – Bob had two samples; pin and magnetic. Cost is $8.00. Members will be able to purchase new pins with the RSM logo if they wish. The club will purchase nametags for new members who joined after the last tags were purchased.
Motion to Adjourn
- A motion to adjourn was made and seconded.
- Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody