With 27 members in attendance, President Tom Gerken brought the meeting to order for January 9, 2016.
- January 31, 2016 – Club Holiday Party Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME
- February 6, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- Feb, March 2016 – Mid winter movie night; Romeo’s Pizza 201 Route 1 Scarborough, ME
- March 5, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- March 26, 2016 – Owls Head Transportation Museum – 1:00 Sidecar Racing presented by Dave Percival
- March 2016 – Swap meet? Date and time TBA
- April 2, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- May 7, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- May 19, 2016 Beemers and Bratwurst at Richards, Brunswick, ME
- May 21-22, 2016 – Downeast Rally Hermit Island
- May 28-30, 2016 – Memorial Day weekend, Moving Vietnam Memorial Wall at the General Knox Museum, Montpelier, Thomaston, ME NOTE Location Change
- June 4, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- June 18, 2016 – Blood Drive, Street Cycles, Route 1 Falmouth, ME
- July 15-17, 2016 – MOA Rally, Hamburg, New York
- July 28-31, 2016 European Motorcycle Meet
- Welcome to Ted Danforth from North Yarmouth
- Chris R. returned home December 22. Is recovering and coming along fine since his accident after the December meeting while riding through Hope, ME.
- The organizers of the European Motorcycle Meet would like RSM to have a presence at next year’s event (it is the same weekend as the MOA).
- Coats for Kids – Members start collecting coats and new toys for next years drive. Donations can be brought to any monthly meeting. Mike Lydon will collect and the club will store until next December.
- BMWMOA has recently moved its offices from Missouri to South Carolina
- Minutes for Decembers meeting were distributed. Motioned, Steve/Joe Approved (2 corrections made)
- (No change from last month per Irene) Motioned, Leah/James. Approved
- Membership 2015 – 103.
- Membership 2016 – 26 (so far)
- The Moving Vietnam Memorial Wall will be at General Knox Museum, Thomaston, ME (PLEASE NOTE LOCATION CORRECTION) Memorial Day weekend, volunteers needed. FMI see Facebook – Wall to Maine 2016 or see Steve Garrett FMI
- Weekend before memorial day weekend
- Volunteers; see Dave E. to register for the event if you are not planning on camping.
- Volunteer sign up sheet is now posted on the RSM website, sign up now! Don’t miss out on the best positions
- Campsite cost will remain the same; $9.00 per night per camper. The kelp shed rental remains at $900.00
- Registration will be the same as last year. Motioned Irene/Jim Approved
Discussion – Ken would like to serve pancakes for Sunday morning to riders before they leave.
- As the population of riders age, many will want to motel camp, the club will need to consider this moving forward to future rally’s or change of location.
- Additionally, does the club wish to continue this activity as breakeven or to become a fundraiser for the club?
- Nametags – Vendor had an unexpected medical event. Bob will have samples for the next meeting. Samples will have the RSM and BMW logo for the members to vote on. The cost will be covered by the club
- Holiday party – January 31, beginning starting at 5:30, Fair Grounds Café. An email will be sent to RSVP for the dinner to provide a count for the café
- Don Kent will coordinate the mid winter movie night, same location as last year (Romeo’s Pizza Scarborough). Movie as yet to be determined, Contact Don if you have a suggestion. Additionally, he will coordinate with Ed and Jim as to not conflict with the swap meet
Elections – here are the RSM officers for 2016;
- President – Scott Gibson
- Vice President – Fred Burgess
- Secretary – Sandy Peabody /Steve Garrett
- Treasurer – Bruce Graham
- Rally Master – Dave Eskelund
- Web Master – Shawn Blair
- Ride Boss – Ken Gaudin
- Board of Directors – Mike Lydon, Tom Gerken
Motioned, Don/Mike Approved
Ride Boss – Ken would like to re-establish weekly rides during the summer. Plan over night camping trips to State Parks during the summer. Suggestions made; send out email to membership rather than posting on the calendar. Set a date to ride to Milbridge, ME to the authentic Mexican Restaurant.
Motion to Adjourn
- A motion to adjourn was made and seconded.
Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody