BMW Riders of Southern Maine July 9, 2016 Meeting Minutes
With 25 members in attendance, President Scott Gibson brought the meeting to order for July 9, 2016 at the Pepper Mill Restaurant in Limerick, ME.
- July 15-17, 2016 – MOA Rally, Hamburg, New YorkJ
- July 28-31, 2016 European Motorcycle Meet
- August 6, 2016 – Monthly meeting -TBD – possibly Joseph’s by the Sea?
- August 26-28 2016 – Camping – a two nighter. Please contact Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. (see new business below FMI)
- August 25-28 – RA Rally, Monterey, CA
- September 10, 2016 – Monthly meeting, Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- October 1, 2016 – Please Note: Afternoon and evening event. Monthly meeting, at Ken & Leigh’s Yarmouth. Followed by the “Beast Feast” “ Gentlemen, start your smokers” Camping is available on their lawn.
- November 5, 2016 – Monthly meeting, Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- July 2017 – MOA Rally will be in Zone 4 (West Coast)
- Welcome Rick Cody from Auburn riding an R1100 RT
- Scott will contact MOA to see if there will be a designated camping area for RSM campers.
- Blood Drive – 15 donators (including 3 walk-ins)
- Vintage Ride – 8 riders made it to Farmington.
- Peaks Kenny Camping – Weather was great.
- Looking for a Rally Meister. Dave is willing to mentor and advise, he suggests starting before November to prepare for next May.
- Members start collecting coats and new toys for next years Coats for Kids drive. Donations can be brought to any monthly meeting. Mike Lydon will collect and the club will store until next December.
- Minutes for June’s meeting were distributed. Motioned/seconded – Approved
- As of 7-8-16, reported Checking, Rally, PayPal, and Petty Cash
- 91 members as of today. Last year at this time the club was at 103.
- Club has completed the purchase of the rally trailer. It is 5’x8’ with a low ceiling which makes it more versatile to be towed by smaller vehicles. It can be registered for 10 years but has to be done in Augusta. Mike H has ordered shelving. Bob will repair the jack and replace the tires.
- 2nd annual Blood Drive – Here’s your chance to meet “Buddy the Blood Drop” last year there were 17 donors. Our goal for this year is 24. Don is looking for volunteers.
- The club’s board of directors has not formally voted on whether to pay camping fees for all of these events, (no club provided food or beverages) Scott apologies that this is still up in the air.
- Rider Safety Course – Bruce is waiting for an email from either of the two driver training companies. With the recent change in the requirement to get a motorcycle endorsement the majority of classes are scheduled for new riders. Advanced rider safety classes are not offered very often. Bruce will inform those interested when he hears from them.
- Ken is looking for input as to where to hold the camp out in August. Is Cobscook Bay Campground or Campobello Island to far? Is Rangley better because it is closer and more will attend? Scott will send out an email to the membership to help determine interest for camping on weekends.
Motion to Adjourn – Motioned/seconded approved
Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody