BMW Riders of Southern Maine June 4, 2016 Meeting Minutes
With 23 members in attendance, Secretary Sandy Peabody brought the meeting to order for June 4, 2016.
June 11, 2016 – Antique Motor Cycle ride, Manchester to Farmington
June 11, 2016 – Camping at Peaks-Kenny 401 State Park Road Dover-Foxcroft, ME 04426 Contact Ken FMI at email@example.com
June 18, 2016 – Saturday from 10 to 3 – 2nd Annual Blood Drive, Street Cycles, Route 1 Falmouth, ME
July 1 – 3, 2016 – Blue Nose Rally, Apple Valley Riders Nova Scotia
July 9, 2016 – Monthly meeting, Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
July 15-17, 2016 – MOA Rally, Hamburg, New York
July 28-31, 2016 European Motorcycle Meet
August 6, 2017 – Monthly meeting
August 26-28 Camping at Cobscook State Park near Lubec – a two nighter. Please contact Ken and Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
August 25-28 – RA Rally, Monterey, CA
September 10, – Monthly meeting, Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
September 17-18, 2016 – Somebody stop me from Smok’in and Grill’in Campout at Ken & Leigh’s in Yarmouth. More info to follow.
July 2017 – MOA Rally will be in Zone 4 (West Coast)
- A BIG Thank You to Dave E. for the job he did this year and for the past several years as the Rally Meister.
- Blood Drive – Don Kent is still looking for donors and volunteers to help out.
- The club is proceeding with the purchase of its own trailer for this and similar events from one of its members, Gus Manomaitis. It will be used to store and transport the clubs stuff.
- Longtime RSM member Paul Emerson Thanked Club members for the cards and condolences after the passing of his wife Millie.
- The Brunswick Food Pantry was very appreciative of the donation of left over food after the Rally
- Members start collecting coats and new toys for next years Coats for Kids drive. Donations can be brought to any monthly meeting. Mike Lydon will collect and the club will store until next December.
- Minutes for May’s meeting were distributed. Motioned/seconded – Approved
- No Report
- Dave will not be returning next year as the Rally Meister. He is more that willing to mentor the next Meister, he suggests starting before November.
- Dave reports there was a good crew of new and old members there who chipped in to help.
- Despite the good weather, attendance was down from last year (not everyone who registered attended). A later date next year might improve attendance.
- The club did not make as much money as last year. Expenses were up with the offering of the Sunday pancake breakfast and not selling rally t-shirts.
- Sharon says the Pancake breakfast for Sunday morning was a great suggestion. She is also open to other suggestions for next year. (Food, snacks, etc.)
- 89 members as of today.
- 2nd annual Blood Drive – Here’s your chance to meet “Buddy the Blood Drop” last year there were 17 donors. Our goal for this year is 24. Don is looking for volunteers.
- The club’s board of directors has not formally voted on whether to pay camping fees for all of these events, (no club provided food or beverages) Scott apologies that this is still up in the air.
- Rider Safety Course – Bruce sent out an email with possible dates looking for feedback from interested club members.
Motion to Adjourn – Motioned/seconded approved
Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody