BMW Riders of Southern Maine March 5, 2016 Meeting Minutes
With 35 members in attendance, President Scott Gibson brought the meeting to order for March 5, 2016.
- March 12, 2016 – Mid winter movie night; Movie starts at 7, Dinner on you own Romeo’s Pizza 201 Route 1 Scarborough, ME
- March 20, 2016 – (SUNDAY) 9 to 12 swap meet at Jim Fisk’s, 67 Hanson Lane Hollis, ME Donuts & Coffee provided.
- March 26, 2016 – Owls Head Transportation Museum – 1:00 Sidecar racing presented by Dave Percival
- April 2, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- April 9, 2016 – Vermont Mud Season Bash (annual dinner)
- May 7, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- May 19, 2016 Beemers and Bratwurst at Richards, Brunswick, ME
- May 21-22, 2016 – Downeast Rally Hermit Island
- May 28-30, 2016 – Memorial Day weekend, Moving Vietnam Memorial Wall at the General Knox Museum, Montpelier, Thomaston, ME
- June 3-6, 2016 – Black Fly Rally; Contact Fred Burgess FMI
- June 4, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
- June 11, 2016 – Antique Motor Cycle ride
- June 18, 2016 – Blood Drive, Street Cycles, Route 1 Falmouth, ME
- July 15-17, 2016 – MOA Rally, Hamburg, New York
- July 28-31, 2016 European Motorcycle Meet
- July 2017 – MOA Rally will be in Zone 4 (West Coast)
- Looking for a “new” nametag? Cost is $10.00 Contact Bob Griffin by email ASAP to order.
- Next Saturday night – Hitting the Apex at Romeo’s Pizza 201 Route 1 Scarborough
- Dave Percival talks about side car racing Owls Head Transportation Museum March 26 at 1:00
- Nick Rendy is driving out to the MOA rally in his RV. He offered to bring back items club members cannot fit on their bike for the return trip. Size limitations apply
- Members start collecting coats and new toys for next years Coats for Kids drive. Donations can be brought to any monthly meeting. Mike Lydon will collect and the club will store until next December.
- Minutes for February’s meeting were distributed. Motioned, Jim/Irene Approved
Treasurer’s Report – Bruce reported the following;
- Club account, Rally, PayPal, Petty Cash
- Motion Jim/James Approved
- Volunteer sign up sheet has been update; positions still available, see Dave E. to sign up.
- Ken’s suggestion to offer a hot breakfast Sunday morning for riders will be pancakes.
- Ted Danforth is in the process of trying to arrange a beer tasting activity for the rally.
- Another activity suggested for the rally is to have a message therapist at the rally for riders.
- There are 66 current members; numbers will increase the closer to the rally. Last year RSM had 105
- Nametags; new members will receive a free one if they desire. If you have been a member and would like a new one the cost is $10.00 to order, see Bob Griffin. To date 10 members have asked for a new tag.
- Possible ideas for rides this season; Campobello Island, NB June. Peaks Kenny State Park, Dover Foxcroft
- Considering a camping trip for April. Camping trips will be byos (bring your own stuff)
- Nametags – see membership
- The question was asked of the membership, should the club look at offering an advanced rider training course?
Discussion; in the past, the club would pay the fee. A show of hands indicted there was over 50% interest. Someone recalled, MOA had the flight simulator, which a certified trainer would need to accompany it; the club would pay for the cost of the trainer. One member said MOA was no longer providing this to clubs
- A suggestion was made should the club set up a table at the National Rally? If so, need to apply in advance and what is the cost? Catherine with Irene’s help will look into it with the MOA.
Motion to Adjourn
- A motion to adjourn; motioned Irene/Fred Approved
- Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody