BMW Riders of Southern Maine May 7, 2016 Meeting Minutes
With 46 members in attendance, President Scott Gibson brought the meeting to order for May 7, 2016.
May 19, 2016 Thursday Slice and Dice Pre-Rally food prep night
May 19, 2016 Thursday @ 5:30 Beemers and Bratwurst at Richards, Brunswick, ME
May 21-22, 2016 – Downeast Rally Hermit Island, Phippsburg, ME
May 28-30, 2016 – Memorial Day weekend, Moving Vietnam Memorial Wall at the General Knox Museum, Montpelier, Thomaston, ME
June 3-6, 2016 – Black Fly Rally; Annual mystery tour, passport required. Contact Fred Burgess FMI
June 4, 2016 – Monthly meeting Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
June 11, 2016 – Antique Motor Cycle ride
June 18, 2016 – Saturday from 10 to 3 – 2nd Annual Blood Drive, Street Cycles, Route 1 Falmouth, ME
July 1 – 3, 2016 – Blue Nose Rally, Apple Valley Riders Nova Scotia
July 9, 2016 – Monthly meeting, Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
July 15-17, 2016 – MOA Rally, Hamburg, New York
July 28-31, 2016 European Motorcycle Meet
August 6, 2017 – Monthly meeting
September 10, – Monthly meeting, Fair Grounds Café Topsham, ME 8:30 start
September 17-18, 2016 – Somebody stop me from Smok’in and Grill’in Campout at Ken & Leigh’s in Yarmouth. more info to follow.
September ?? – 3 days of camping in the Lubec, Cobscook Bay region
July 2017 – MOA Rally will be in Zone 4 (West Coast)
- Welcome to new members;
- John Noyes from Topsham
- Bill Garsolon from Portland
- Black Fly Rally – Room for 1 more. Contact Fred Burgess FMI. Destination – Canadian Maritimes
- Members start collecting coats and new toys for next years Coats for Kids drive. Donations can be brought to any monthly meeting. Mike Lydon will collect and the club will store until next December.
- Frozen Butt Rally was a success! 13 campers participated.
- Minutes for April’s meeting were distributed. Motioned, Bob/Fred – Approved
- Treasurer’s report was read and approved
- Registrations are @ 170. 10 to 15 more spaces left for the Rally to be sold out.
- Volunteers are needed to empty the storage space of pots, pans and supplies used for the rally next Sunday. Contact Jim Salisbury who is coordinating to volunteer.
- Volunteer are still needed, see Dave E. to sign up.
- 85 members as of today.
- Camping trip for September It’s BYOS (bring your own stuff; food, beverage camping gear). Destination; Lubec, Cobscook Bay
- 2nd annual Blood Drive – Here’s your chance to meet “Buddy the Blood Drop” last year there were 17 donors. Our goal for this year is 24. Don is looking for volunteers.
- Rider Safety Course – Bruce looked into offering a experienced rider safety course. 14 members expressed an interest in participating. It is a 6-hour course, which could be a Saturday or 2 – 3 hour classes held during the week in the evening. To be held in the Lewiston-Auburn area. According to Scott, long ago, the club would pay 75% of a safety course. This has never been rescinded. The Board supports rider safety initiatives, which the registration cost for participants would be $25.00.
- The storage space for the Rally Supplies will not be available after this years rally. The Board will discuss possible options. One is for the club to purchase an enclosed trailer to store the items year round at a member’s home.
Product show & Tell
- Bruce spoke about the following items to the members I attendance.
- Maps.me APP for smart phones – Use the maps of the entire world without an Internet connection.
- Air Bag vest –
- External battery charger for $17.99 on Amazon
Motion to Adjourn – Fred
Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody