BMW Riders of Southern Maine June 3, 2017 Meeting Minutes
With 21 members in attendance, President Fred Burgess brought the meeting to order for June 3, 2017 at the Fairgrounds Café in Topsham, ME.
- June 11, 4th annual RSM Antique ride through Southern Maine
- June 23-24 – Camping weekend, Lily Bay State Park, Go right in Greenville
- July 6-8 – BMW RA Rally; Petoskey, MI.
- July 8, Monthly meeting, tentatively; May’s Bath, ME. 8:30 start Go left instead of right at top of exit ramp at Route 196 exit off route 1 in Bath.
- July TBD – Camping Weekend – Coobscook Bay, Dennysville, ME
- July 13-16; MOA International Rally; Salt Lake City, Utah
- July 29, Blood Drive @ Street Cycles Falmouth, ME 10:00 AM to 3;00 pm
- August 5, – Monthly meeting -Tentatively; May’s Bath, ME. 8:30 start
- August 18-19 – Camping weekend – TBD
- Welcome to Jim Merrill (Goldwing), Chuck Schultz (R90/6) and Steve Holt (Tiger) who rode to attend today’s meeting.
- Blood Drive – July 29, 10 to 3 @ Street Cycles Rt. 1 Falmouth. Sign up on-line for an appointment @ redcrossblood.org
- Joe Sanders has a 90 R100RT for sale
- April’s meeting minutes were distributed, motioned and approved; Ted/ Don
Treasurer’s Report via Fred B. (Bruce not able to attend.)
- motioned and approved; Scott/Joe
- No report given
- Thanks to all who volunteered, Special thanks to Sharon & Bob Collins.
- Stellar weather
- 158 registered.
- Fred will want to have a follow up meeting with the committee to debrief.
- Maine Maritime Museum had free admission, not organized. Botanical Gardens 12 attended
- Discussion regarding compensating volunteers and registration fee suspended indefinitely.
- Position still vacant, still looking for a volunteer for the Ride Boss to coordinate the activities.
- Rider Safety Course – May 13, 2017 Augusta. 4 members attended
- Blood Drive – Please see announcements
Motion to Adjourn;
Respectfully submitted Sandy Peabody